30 July 2010

What to Wear to Chelsea's Wedding...or any other wedding you get invited to.





Weddings are for the bride and the groom. Always keep that in mind, even when you are dressing to attend one.

This is a time when elegance counts, yes this means wearing a tie. I have been to weddings and seen the guy sitting in back with an open collared shirt, and it just looked wrong...usually this same fellow is the one holding up the line at the bar because he needs to throw down shots (B.T.W. don't do shots at a wedding...just don't).

So which suit works? A grey suit is a perfect choice, especially since most weddings begin in the late afternoon and roll into the evening. Try and rock the peaked lapel-this is the most formal looking of all suits.

Your shirt should be white, crisp and French cuffed.

I like paring a solid grey satin tie with this look, just because it does keep you looking polished and understated.

Keep a cotton handkerchief with you to offer to the single girl who tears up, she maybe doing drinks with you afterward.

1 comment:

  1. Great suggestions with the exception of what to do with the handkerchief, if I offered it to the single girl who "tears up", I'd be using it myself to hold the ice to the side of my face after Jeanette smacked me! :)

    ReplyDelete