14 June 2011

The Cologne Report: Santal Imperial


1850, the year the House of Creed created Santal Imperial for Franz Joseph I of Austria. 2011, the year I started wearing Santal Imperial. This is one Creed that took me a few times to warm up to, I admit it was a bottle I would gloss over at the counter, until a lovely sales associate demanded that I try the cologne. I obliged and found myself obsessing over the calming Sandalwood, animalistic ambergris and the fresh notes of bergamot which makes this a very fine scent for Summer evenings. This was the only fragrence I packed on a recent trip out to the desert and the dry and distinct cologne proved successful when ladies were stopping me to ask what I had on: "Is that Bulgari you're wearing." I would smile and reply "no." No one would guess the cologne is from 1850.

No comments:

Post a Comment