11 March 2012

Cure Your Winter Blues...and aide jet lag

I have never paid much attention to the House of Creed's Himalaya fragrance, most likely because at first sniff, this could smell like every other "fresh" men's cologne. But after hearing rumors that  a "pinch" of gun powder is in it's notes, I tried it on. 

Spray, spray, smell...not doing it for me at all.  I was not transcended or seduced by the notes, alas I departed from the Creed counter with nothing.  It was later when I was driving home that my impression of Himalaya changed. I kept getting a whiff of something, what I would describe as bright, elegant and clean. It was my wrist! It took a while for this to click with my olfactory but at long last I discovered what is now, my new uplifting daytime scent. I packed this one with me on a business trip to the east and it blends well when the temps are much cooler and if I may say, this could even aide in jet lag.

And if this does have in fact, that "pinch" of gun powder, I am delighted I gave Himalaya a "second shot." 


No comments:

Post a Comment